Beehive Empire Inc is a holding company for my consulting business, entrepreneurial ventures and investments.
Uncovr: co-retail platform for direct-to-consumer brands | www.uncovr.us
GOBY: direct-to-consumer electric toothbrush with subscription brush head replacements | www.goby.co
Avitae: caffeine + water | www.goavitae.com
Beehive empire inc: Consulting & holdings
August 2017 - Present
Chariot is an alternative mass transit solution, now a subsidiary of the Ford Motor Company (as of September 2016). Joined post-acquisition to build out the expansion team and GTM muscle.
- Direct report to the CEO/Founder of Chariot and leader of the Expansion Team which included 5 direct reports (3 US, 2 International)
- Developed Chariot's new market launch playbook which includes: City Analysis Framework, Driver/Vehicle Operations Manual, Growth Marketing Strategy and Recruiting/Hiring process for local teams
- Set up offices and operations in London, New York City and Seattle
- Managed vehicles supply plan for new markets (U.S & U.K) via our business partners at Ford Motor Company
- Led the restructuring of online marketing channels (Paid Search / Social) via agency
- Resigned in July 2017
Fairy is a daily, hotel-style housekeeping service operating in San Francisco and New York City.
- Work directly with the founders to set company goals and direction on the path to raising a Series A funding round and oversee all aspects of Fairy's city operations, growth, support, and strategy
- Direct the engineering roadmap to develop the necessary consumer, housekeeper, and ops facing products
- Developed and implemented the marketing playbook that grew paid subscribers by 2x over a nine-month period, surpassing $1MM in ARR.
- Improved Monthly Customer Retention from 80% to 92%
Early member of Instacart's Expansion team, leading six of eighteen major city launches over and 18-month period. Developed Instacart's launch playbook; enabling measurable, systemic and rapid expansion of new retail markets. Led cross-functional strategic initatives integral to Instacart's hyper-growth phase.
- Defined and oversaw Instacart’s expansion process: identifying key markets, product marketing, and user (customer & shopper) acquisition strategies. Measuring and tracking key metrics to ensure a reproducible data-driven expansion playbook.
- Led project to optimize Instacart’s shopper hiring funnel, including analyzing bottlenecks, defining parameters and finalizing product flow to increase applicant conversion and reduce acquisition costs.
- Launched and produced Instacart’s shopper video training modules to increase weekly shopper acquisition and activation nationwide allowing Instacart to meet aggressive growth goals.
- Built and managed relationships with third party delivery providers to pilot alternative fulfillment models. Negotiated several iterations of contracts including API integration and roadmaps for scaling partnerships across cities.
Braintree / Venmo
(Acquired by PayPal)
July 2013 - December 2013
B2B Marketing and Sales to help e-commerce businesses understand Braintree’s payment technology.
- Worked closely with sales and operations teams to develop sales strategy and acted as liaison for new/ existing clients to integrate with Braintree’s payments API. Led clients through the underwriting process and advised on business adjustments necessary to mitigate risk.
- Supported sales pipeline through forecasting and management: assessing overall health through successful closure in addition to assessing deal sizes, probabilities and close dates.
Member of the Chicago launch team that built the LevelUp payment ecosystem from the ground up to over 600 Chicago merchants and 35,000 users in less than 12 months. Chicago became the second highest transaction volume city next to the flagship city, Boston. Chicago was the only remote city to surpass goal of 5,000 active users after 3 months.
- Responsible for signing and on-boarding local and regional QSR brands onto the LevelUp platform. Consistently led the national sales team in newly activated merchants on a monthly basis.
- Drove revenue to both LevelUp & partner merchants by selling user engagement campaigns that leveraged the LevelUp advertising platform to improve customer retention and spend.
Specialties: Growth, Operations, Project Management, Product Management, Operations Strategy, Leadership, Guerilla Marketing, Business Development, Partnerships, Analytics, Payments
Skills: SQL, Looker, Tableau, Salesforce, Google Docs, Google AdWords, Mailchimp, Facebook Ads, Excel, Zendesk, Intercom
Creative & Analytical Leader